- January payroll liabilities due February 15.
- T4s, T4As etc. must be given to employees and other individuals providing services no later than February 28.
- Copies of all T4s, T4As etc. and their respective Summaries must be sent to CRA no later than February 28.
- Provide all donors with their charitable tax receipts no later than February 28. If you have a fiscal year-end that is not December 31st, you must still complete charitable tax receipts for all donors because these receipts are based on the calendar year of January 01 to December 31.
- If you have not already done so, submit your application for the GST/HST Rebate.
The following are for those with a December 31 year-end:
- If using the accrual bookkeeping method, pay close attention when reconciling the January and February bank statements to ensure all expenses are credited to the proper year.
- Finalize financial statements in preparation for the Annual General Meeting.
- Prepare a list of counters for the offering counting teams to be used during the upcoming year and have this list approved by the new Board after the Annual General Meeting.
- Prepare a counting team schedule as far in advance as possible in order to assist the counters with planning to be available when needed.