- October payroll liabilities due November 15. Since this date falls on a Sunday, the due date shifts to the next business day which is Monday November 16.
- Pastors and other clergy who receive the Clergy Residence Deduction must complete the "Request to Reduce Tax Deductions at Source for Years(s)" Form T1213 if they wish to have their 2021 tax deductions reduced at source. It normally requires 6-8 weeks for CRA to review each application and grant permission, therefore, the form should be submitted in early November in order for approval to arrive before the first payday in January. Form T1213 can be located at the following link: T1213 Request to Reduce Tax Deductions at Source for Year(s)
- Prepare 2021 offering envelopes for distribution in December. If they have not yet arrived, determine where they are and place a rush on the order. If you are looking for a great supplier for offering envelopes, see the recommendation for the NCS Church Envelope Company on our Membership (Preferred Services) Page.
- Ensure offering records are in order and receipts are ready for completing 2020 donation receipts in January.
- Continue working on the 2021 budget with a goal of having the final draft completed by month end. This will allow time for other year end duties during December and January.
- Begin preparation for 2020 financial statements and the year-end audit or review.
(NOTE - the last two items are for those who have a calendar year fiscal year)